Quality and Security
Our Charter on Human Resource Development and Quality Improvement
Our desire is to help deliver safe and high-quality new drugs to patients as early as possible. We aim to achieve this through “CRO x IT” – offering sophisticated services by integrating our CRO services with excellent information technology (IT).
We also foster human resources and create diverse mechanisms and procedures in our day-to-day operations to improve the quality of our services.
CAC Croit was certified to ISMS JIS Q 27001:2014 (ISO/IEC 27001:2013) on December 18, 2014.
CAC Croit underwent assessment for the JIS Q 27001:2014（ISO/IEC 27001:2013） international standard on information management, and was certified on December 18, 2014.
|Certification Standard||JIS Q 27001:2014 (ISO/IEC 27001:2013)|
|Registration Client||CAC Croit Corporation|
|Scope of Certification||
The following services and management for clinical development, regulatory submission and pharmacovigilance of pharmaceuticals and medical devices:
|Certification Date||December 18, 2014|
|Period of Validity||December 18, 2017 to December 17, 2020|
|Certification Registration Information||
Please see the following website for details on the certificates.
- CAC Croit complies with laws, other codes, guidelines, and CAC Croit internal rules regarding the handling of personal information (including specific personal information) and makes a continuous effort to periodically review and improve the system for handling personal information.
- When acquiring personal information, CAC Croit clearly communicates the intended use to customers to obtain the customer’s consent or publishes it on the CAC Croit website, provided, however, that CAC Croit does not acquire specific personal information for any purpose of use and methods other than those defined by Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure (“My Number Act”).
- CAC Croit ensures transparency and accuracy of acquired personal information.
- In principle, CAC Croit does not provide personal information to third parties unless a customer agrees to provide it or unless it is defined by the My Number Act in a limited way.
- CAC Croit securely manages, stores, and discards acquired personal information under strict control.
- When entrusting personal information processing, CAC Croit carries it out under strict control.
- CAC Croit establishes an inquiry desk to respond to inquiries or consultation about personal information without delay.
* “Specific personal information” means an “individual number” and “personal information including an individual number” established under the My Number Act.
From time to time CAC Croit may revise the said policy to comply with changes in the applicable laws, principles, guidelines, or CAC Croit internal rules. In such a case, CAC Croit will post it on the website, so please check it regularly.
Established on April 2, 2012
Revised on February 1, 2016
President and Chief Executive Officer
CAC Croit Corporation
Protection of Personal Information
Customers can access the CAC Croit website without providing their own personal information. However, please note that some contents or services on the website may not be available if customers’ personal information is not provided.
1. Manager of Personal Information (Personal Information Protection Manager)
Executive Officer, Corporate Planning Division
Please see the <Contact for inquiries related to handling of personal information> below for contact information.
2. Provision of Personal Information
In principle, CAC Croit does not acquire personal information (including specific personal information) from customers without the consent of the customer except as provided by laws.
3. Intended Use of Personal Information
(1) In case CAC Croit receives personal information in writing directly from customers (excluding specific personal information), CAC Croit notifies the customers of the intended use of personal information in advance. When the need to use customers’ personal information for any purpose beyond the scope of the intended use already notified to the customers arises, CAC Croit notifies the customers to that effect and obtains a customer’s consent. Customers can request CAC Croit to stop using personal information after examining the new purpose. However, CAC Croit may change the intended use without customer’s consent in the following cases.
- When complying with laws and regulations
- When disclosure is necessary for the protection of human life, human health, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When disclosure is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health and the promotion of healthy development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or any other parties entrusted by national or local governments in performing their legal duties, and when it is feared that obtaining prior consent from customers might obstruct the execution of the said duties
(2) Upon acquisition of personal information (excluding specific personal information), CAC Croit specifies the intended use of personal information as much as possible and performs the acquisition of personal information within the limit of this purpose when it is acquired. CAC Croit uses customers’ personal information within the scope of the following purposes except in cases for which a customer’s consent is obtained or for which its handling is approved as exceptions to laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal information.
- Announcements of the latest information on CAC Croit, various seminars, and exhibitions
- Announcements of new products and services
- Management of browsing history of CAC Croit website and a measure of the website effectiveness
- Request of cooperation with customer satisfaction surveys, etc.
- Management of the contractual relationships with business partners
- Employment (including recruitment) and human resource management
(3) Upon acquisition of the specific personal information, in accordance with the My Number Act, CAC Croit limits the purpose of use to an extent relevant to the processing of the following items subject to the employees (including officers and contract employees) and their dependents as well as those who CAC Croit directly pays remuneration to.
- Items related to the preparation of certificate of tax withholdings on salary income and retirement income
- Items related to the preparation of payment records related to remuneration, fees, contract monies, and awards
- Items related to the preparation of the documents related to special collection of the local tax
- Items related to the preparation of certificates pertaining to employment insurance and industrial accident compensation insurance
- Items related to the preparation of a written notice of acquisition of the welfare pension insurance qualification
- Items related to the preparation of a written notice of acquisition pertaining to the third grade of the national pension plan
- Items related to the preparation of a written notice pertaining to health insurance
- Items related to the preparation of certificate of tax withholdings on retirement benefit of corporate pension
- Items related to the preparation of a written application for tax exemption of accumulation pension savings and accumulation savings for house
4. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
In principle, CAC Croit does not provide or disclose the customers’ personal information provided by customers to any third party without the customers’ consent. In case of providing or disclosing the customers’ personal information to a third party with the customers’ consent, CAC Croit obliges the party to protect such information adequately. CAC Croit does not release specific personal information to third parties unless required by the My Number Act.
6. Access log
In addition, in order to measure the effectiveness of our website, your browsing history may be collected by clicking the URL included in an e-mail from us.
•Google Analytics opt-out add-on
*Google Analytics is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
7. Personal information management
CAC Croit takes appropriate security protection measures for customers’ personal information while implementing effective measures to use it in accordance with the intention of the customers.
8. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and complaint of personal information
Please contact the inquiry contact below to consult about disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and complaint of personal information. After it has been confirmed that the consult was made by the person who provided the information, CAC Croit will investigate the facts and address it within a reasonable extent.
Contact for inquires related to handling of personal information
Corporate Planning Division
CAC Croit Corporation